Vegetables form an important part of our diet and should be consumed every day to fulfil daily nutritional requirement. Stir frying vegetables can add a twist to the usual routine, improve taste and can make food a wholesome experience.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
- 1 medium-sized onion, sliced
- 1 cup sliced capsicum (red, green and yellow colour)
- 1 cup chopped medium sized broccoli
- A few slices of tofu, baked
- ½ teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning (optional)
- Salt to taste
- A pinch of pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- Bake tofu for 15-20 minutes at 300 degrees until it turns brown. Let it cool.
- Cut the onions and capsicum into long thin strips and crush the garlic coarsely.
- Cut broccoli into small heads.
- Heat some oil in a wok.
- Once the oil is hot, add chopped veggies along with garlic and sauté for a minute under medium-high heat.
- Add the chilli powder, seasonings, salt and pepper and keep sautéing for 5-10 minutes until everything is tender.
- Take care not to overcook the veggies. They should still be crisp.
- Add the tofu pieces and mix well.
- Serve hot.
Variation – Paneer cubes (cottage cheese) can be used to substitute tofu. A green chilli slit vertically can be added while sautéing for additional taste.
Nutritive values per serving:
- Energy: 100 kcal
- Protein: 8 g
- Carbohydrates: 9 g
- Fat: 4 g
- Fibre: 3 g