Spinach contains anti-inflammatory properties and is a rich source of iron, Vitamin A, B2, C, K and other essential micronutrients. It helps restore energy and improves the quality of blood. Spinach omelette is a healthy vegetarian option that can be eaten in moderation in breakfast.
Serving size: 4 persons
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 90 g besan
- 30 g ragi
- ½ bunch finely chopped spinach
- 2 finely chopped onion
- ¼ piece finely chopped ginger
- 3 finely chopped green chillies
- Chopped coriander leaves
- A pinch of asafoetida (hing)
- A pinch of garam masala
- 10 ml oil
- Salt to taste
- Blanch the spinach leaves in boiling water.
- Remove the spinach leaves from water and make it into a paste.
- Mix all the ingredients together, except oil.
- Prepare a medium consistency batter.
- Heat the pan and add oil of about 1 tsp. to the pan.
- Using a large spoon, pour the batter on the pan. Spread it lightly with the back of the spoon.
- Add some oil drops on the edges and on top of the omelette. Flip and cook the other side.
- Cook the spinach omelette till both sides are red.
- Serve spinach omelette with coriander chutney.
Nutritive value per serving:
- Energy: 500 kcal
- Protein: 6 g
- Carbohydrate: 4 g
- Fat: 6 g
- Fibre: 5 g