Lucky winners will get:
1st prize: 1-year subscription of Diabetes Health
2nd prize: Diabetes Health T-shirt
Entry should reach Diabetes Health office by 1st November 2023
1. Mild symptoms of low blood glucose (hypoglycaemia) are best treated with
(a) Dextrose or glucose tablets (b) Chicken
(c) Cheese (d) None of these
2. People who have Diabetes should have their blood pressure levels less than:
(a) 150/90 mmHg (b) 160/100 mmHg (c) 140/80 mmHg (d) 160/120 mmHg
3. Sugar is a carbohydrate
(a) True (b) False
4. Which food will raise your blood sugar level rapidly?
(a) Apple (b) Diet soda (c) Fruit juice (d) None of these
5. How much carbohydrate do you need to consume each day?
(a) 10 per cent (b) 20 per cent (c) 45 to 65 per cent (d) 90 per cent
6. What type of insulin is used with an insulin pump?
(a) Rapid acting (b) Any insulin (c) Both a and b (d) Neither a or b
7. When you are sick you need to check your blood glucose levels more often?
(a) Yes (b) No
8. Diabetic ketoacidosis can affect people with
(a) Type 1 Diabetes (b) Type 2 Diabetes (c) Both a and b (d) Neither a or b
9. If you have Type 2 Diabetes, you may be treated with
(a) Single medication (b) Multiple medication
(c) Insulin (d) All of these
10. CGM is an abbreviated form of
(a) Continuous glucose monitoring (b) Continuous glycate monitoring
(c) Calcium glucose monitoring (d) None of these