The goodness of wholesome quinoa and different vegetables with the playful tanginess of tomato juice can make adults and kids love the soup equally. The quantity of salt and seasoning should be taken care to enjoy the preparation to its fullest.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes Makes 4 servings
• 1 cup split peas
• V2 cup mixed vegetables like carrots, cauliflower, french beans etc.
• V2 cup quinoa
• 2 garlic cloves, crushed
• 2 cups diced tomatoes (peel
the skin of the tomatoes before dicing)
• 1 cup tomato juice
• % teaspoon of any seasoning mix
• % teaspoon dry chilli flakes (optional)
• Salt and pepper, as per taste
1. Wash the split peas well and cook it well either in pressure cooker or stove top until tender.
2. Heat a pot with a tablespoon of oil. Add the crushed garlic and saute for a few seconds.
3. Add 4 cups of water along with the diced tomatoes, tomato juice, seasoning mix and the
split peas. Let it come to a boil.
4. Add the diced vegetables, washed quinoa and cook for 15 minutes until everything is cooked.
5. Add salt and pepper along with the dry chilli flakes and turn off the stove.
6. Garnish with any preferred herb and serve hot.
Nutritive value per serving
• Energy: 184.5 Kcal
• Carbohydrates: 25.5 g
• Protein: 9 g
• Fat: 5 g
• Fibre: 4.37 g