Imagine yourself having a flavourful, nutricious and low calorie piping hot soup after a tiring day during monsoon! This soup is perfect to keep you warm at any time of the day. Ragi is an excellent source of calcium and also rich in nutrients like iron and tryptophan. You can add any veggies as per the availability. It is easy to make yet delicious soup to try your hands upon and fell in love with this soason..
Preparation time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 20 minutes Serves: 2 persons
• 2 tablespoons ragi flour
• 1 onion, finely chopped
• 1 carrot, finely chopped
• ½ cup french beans, finely chopped
• 1 inch ginger
• 2 green chillies, finely chopped
• 1 tablespoons almonds, soaked
• 1 teaspoon cumin seeds powder
• 4 black pappercorns, ground
• ¼ tsp turmeric powder
• Salt, to taste
• 2 teaspoon oil
• To begin making the soup, heat oil in a kadai and add cumin seeds. Once it crackle, add finely chopped green chillies and onions. Stir well and add grated ginger into it. Saute till onions turns transparent.
• Then add all the chopped vegetables and saute for 2 more minutes. Add salt, pepper and turmeric powder and stir well. Allow the vegetables to saute for a minute and add 1 cup hot water into it.
• Meanwhile, mix ragi flour into 1 cup of room temperature water. Mix well for 2 minutes. Avoid any lumps into the mixture.
• Add ragi mixture into boiling vegetable mixture and stir well. Add chopped soaked almonds into it and mix well. Let the soup boil for 2-3 minutes and stir occasionally.
• Once the soup starts to thicken, turn off the stove. Your ragi soup is ready to serve.
Nutrition value per serving:
Energy: 125.8 kcal
Fat: 6 g
Carbohydrates: 15.06 g
Fibre: 0.93 g
Protein: 2 g
Sodium: 8.05 mg
Potassium: 111.2 mg