Buckwheat khichdi is a wholesome meal loaded with nutrition. Perfect for a quick and hot one-pot meal after a hectic day during rains. It doest not require much time and rich in anti-oxidant, fibers and protein. One of the healthiest meal one can prepare in no time!
Preparation time: 10 minutes; Soaking time: 2 hours Cooking time: 15 minutes Serves: 2 person
• 1 cup buckwheat
• ¼ cup moong dal
• 2 carrots, chopped
• ½ cup french beans, chopped
• ¼ cup green peas
• 4 black pappercorns, whole
• 1 tsp cumin seeds
• 2 teaspoons oil
• 2 teaspoons ghee
• To begin, first rinse the buckwheat and soak it for 2 hours. Rinse the moong dal and soak it for 30 minutes. Other quick option is to soak both the ingredient in hot water for approx. 20- 30 minutes.
• In a pressure cooker, add oil. Once the oil turns hot, add cumin seeds, cloves and pappercorns and roast for about half minute. Then add green chillies, carom seeds and sliced onions and cook till onion turns pink, add ginger garlic paste and mix it well and roast till it turns aromatic.
• Add all the vegetables and cook for about 5 minutes.
• Drain buckwheat and moong dal from water and add that with veggies and stir continuously for about 5 minutes.
• Add hot water into that and lastly add salt and mix well.
• Cover the pressure cooker and cook till 2 whistles on medium heat.
• Open the lid when pressure settles down. Add chopped coriander(optional) and 1 teaspoon ghee. Mix the khichadi well and serve hot.
Nutrition value per serving:
Energy: 302.8 kcal
Fat: 10 g
Carbohydrates: 39.4 g
Protein: 10.8 g
Sodium: 20.9 mg
Potassium: 383 mg