A healthy and nourishing vegetarian stew to keep you warm during chilly rains is here. This beetroot stew is light, filling and instantly lift your mood. Perfect combination of low carb with good fats and protein to enjoy at lunch or dinner to fill your empty stomach a flavourfull experience.
Preparation time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 20 minutes Serves: 2 person
• 1 big beetroot, peeled and chopped
• 1 inch ginger
• 2 green chillies, slit
• 1 teaspoon coriander powder
• 1 cinnamon stick
• 200 ml coconut milk
• 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
• 1 teaspoon urad dal
• 1 strand of curry leaves
• 1 teaspoon oil
• To begin, first pressure cook the beetroot along with ginger, green chillies, cinnamon and coriander powder. Add ¼ cup water and pressure cook till
2 whistles on medium heat.
• Once pressure release, open the cooker and roughly smash the beetroot with the help of a spoon. Add 100 ml diluted coconut milk, salt and pepper. Mix well and bring it to boil.
• After one boil, add remaining thick coconut milk, mix well
and immedietly transfer into serving bowl.
• For seasoning, heat oil in small pan, add mustard seeds and urad dal. Let them crackle and add curry leaves and asafoetida powder. Pour the seasoning into stew and mix well.
• Your hot beetroot stew is ready to enjoy.
Nutrition value per serving:
Energy: 258.3 kcal
Fat: 20 g
Carbohydrates: 10 g
Fibre: 0.6 g
Protein: 2.7 g Sodium: 15.9mg Potassium: 30.75 mg