Fruits can be a healthy way to start your day. They can also be consumed as snacks to curb mid-meal hunger. Fruits can be had in many ways, one of which is fruit parfait. It can be consumed at any time of the day. It is advised to consult your dietician before making changes to your diet.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Serving size: Makes 4 servings
- 2 cups apple pieces
- 1 cup papaya pieces
- 1/4th cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup strawberry pieces
- 1 cup pineapple
- 1 kiwi, thin sliced
- 1 cup low fat hung curd
- 1 cup milk
- 3-4 tablets of artificial sweetener
- 1/4th tsp. vanilla essence
- Take hung curd. Blend it with milk.
- Add vanilla essence to it. Blend the mixture again.
- Add papaya pieces, apple pieces, pomegranate and strawberries in a blended mixture.
- Add artificial sweetener tablets.
- Take a medium bowl or glass and place kiwi slices at the bottom.
- Put a layer of fruit mixture on it.
- Arrange a layer of pineapple pieces on it.
- Put the second layer of fruit mixture on it.
- Arrange strawberry pieces on it.
- Put a layer of fruit mixture again. Keep it in the fridge.
- Layer with 2-3- slices of apple pieces on the top and serve chilled.
Nutritive value per serving:
- Energy: 25 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 5 g
- Protein: 16 g
- Fat: 5 g
- Fibre: 5 g