This simple chocolate pudding recipe is sugar-free, fat-free and is a healthy quick fix for all your chocolate cravings. This dish requires only a few ingredients and most importantly it is a no-bake pudding. The inclusion of walnuts in the pudding gives it a nutty and crunchy texture and walnuts have also been found to have health benefits. This dessert can be prepared occasionally and consume in moderation.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Serving size: Makes 2 servings
- 2/3rd cup sugar-free
- 1/4th cup corn starch
- 1 tbsp. instant coffee powder
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1/4th cup of cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- 1/4th cup chopped walnuts
- Heat the milk in a pot and add the cocoa powder.
- Keep mixing until there are no lumps.
- Add the salt and sugar-free and mix well.
- Mix the corn starch with two tablespoons of water and add it to the pudding along with the vanilla extract. The pudding will start to thicken as soon as the corn starch is added.
- Keep mixing under low heat for two more minutes, add the chopped walnuts, and switch off the stove.
- Once the pudding has cooled, transfer to serving bowls and chill it in the refrigerator by closing it with a plastic wrap to avoid any skimming.
Nutritive value per serving:
- Energy: 186 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 8 g
- Fat: 25 g
- Protein: 56 g