Currently, the world is in the midst of a pandemic called coronavirus induced disease or COVID-19. People infected by the virus may remain asymptomatic, or may have symptoms ranging from a loss of smell, gastrointestinal disturbances, fever, cough, sore throat, conjunctivitis and in severe cases, breathing difficulties causing death have been reported.
The World Health Organization advisory states to:
- Regularly and thoroughly clean hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water kills the viruses that may be on your hands.
- Maintain social distance to avoid coming into contact with someone who is COVID-19 positive.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth as hands touch many surfaces and can pick up viruses. The COVID-19 virus can enter your body through your eyes, nose or mouth and infect you.
- Follow good respiratory hygiene by covering your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze.
- If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical attention, but call by telephone in advance if possible and follow the directions of your local health authority. This will enable your doctor to quickly direct you to the right health care facility.
How to Make Face mask at Home
How hand washing is one of the best ways to protect yourself and your family from getting sick.