Soup can be a healthy and smart choice for managing mid-meal hunger in Diabetes. It is a great way to get a boost of key nutrients while helping to control appetite.
Serving size: 4 persons
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
- 30 g sliced mushroom
- 30 g sliced carrot
- 3 stalks chopped spring onion
- 4 cups of vegetable stock
- 10 ml oil
- A pinch of black pepper
- Salt to taste
For vegetable stock:
- Add onion, celery, carrots, garlic and parsley.
- Cook over high heat for 5 to 10 minutes by stirring frequently.
- Add salt and water and bring to a boil.
- Put the stock to boil in a large pan.
- Add the mushrooms and carrots and simmer till the vegetables are tender.
- Add the chopped spring onion and salt and boil for a few more seconds.
- Adjust the seasoning and drizzle some oil on top.
Nutritive value per serving
Energy: 100 kcal
Protein: 1.6 g
Fat: 15.2 g
Fibre: 3 g