Chickpeas are a good source of proteins vitamins, fibre and minerals and provide a lot of health benefits. Chickpea tikka masala can be enjoyed in any season with minimal preparation.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Makes: 8 servings
- 1 cup cauliflower
- 1 ½ cup chickpeas
- 1 ½ cup tomato puree
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp tamarind pulp
- 3/4th tsp salt
- 25 ml groundnut oil
- 1 cup coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 Bay leaf
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 4 tsp garam masala
- Clean and wash the cauliflower florets.
- Heat the pan, add 2 tsp groundnut oil and add cauliflower florets to it. Add 1 tsp garam masala and ½ tsp salt and sauté for 5-8 minutes.
- In a pressure cooker, heat 3 tsp of groundnut oil. Add bay leaves, cumin seeds and fry till they turn aromatic.
- Add finely chopped onion and ginger-garlic paste. Sauté for 4-5 minutes until golden brown.
- Add fresh tomato puree and some coriander leaves and fry till it starts releasing the oil.
- Add garam masala and cook it for 2-3 minutes.
- Add soaked chickpeas and tamarind pulp.
- Add 2 cups of water and ½ tsp salt.
- Cook the mixture in a pressure cooker for 6-7 whistles. Allow the pressure to release by itself and then add cauliflower florets to it.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves and serve hot with rice or plain paratha.
Nutritive value per serving:
- Energy: 5 kcal
- Fibre: 62 g
- Fat: 4 g
- Protein: 12 g
- Sodium: 226 mg
- Carbohydrates: 25 g
- Potassium: 513 mg