This is a really easy-to-make crowd pleaser! This is a wonderful light chicken dish. It adds a taste of exotic to an everyday meal. It is easy to adjust the recipe to make the wings mild in flavour or add a little extra kick!
Preparation Time: 80 minutes
Serving size: Makes 2 servings
For baked chicken wings:
- 650 g chicken wings
- ¼ orange, juice and zest
- 30 ml cup olive oil
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
For creamy cauliflower:
- 350 g cauliflower
- 125 ml mayonnaise
- 30 ml chopped fresh dill (Shepu or Soa)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Mix orange juice and zest with oil and spices in a small bowl. Place the chicken wings in a plastic bag and pour in the marinade.
- Give the bag a good shake to cover the wings thoroughly. Put aside to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Place the wings on a greased baking dish.
- Bake on middle rack in the oven for about 45 minutes or until the wings are golden brown and are thoroughly cooked.
- In the meantime, cut the cauliflower into small florets and boil in salted water for 5 minutes.
- Strain the cauliflower and let some of the steam evaporate before adding the remaining ingredients. Serve the cauliflower with the baked wings.
Nutritive value per serving:
- Fat: 100 g
- Protein: 65 g
- Carbohydrates: 9 g
- Fibre: 5 g