The arrival of winter season often signifies hot preparation of carrot halwa in Indian households. The soft, juicy texture of this sweet dish can lure in children and adults alike. It can be prepared at any time of the day and requires minimal preparation. It is recommended to consume in small quantities and in moderation.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Serving size: Makes 2 servings
- 6 medium carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 tbsp ghee/oil
- ½ cup skimmed milk
- 4-5 tsp of sugar-free
- 1 tbsp of dry fruits, finely chopped
- 4-5 cardamom powdered
- Heat ghee/oil in a pan and add the grated carrot. Sauté it till is softens.
- Add ½ cup skimmed milk to the mixture and let it cook for 5 minutes
- After a while add finely chopped dry fruits, cardamom powder and sugar-free. Transfer the entire content to the pressure cooker and cook on a low flame.
- Wait for 2 whistles. Let the mixture cool then serve.
Nutritive value per serving:
- Energy: 218 kcal
- Proteins: 6 g
- Carbohydrates: 17 g
- Fat: 16 g