Coriander is a common food ingredient in Indian households and is frequently used in salads, curries and chutney. Coriander contains a lot of health benefits and helps relieve digestion problems including intestinal gas, nausea, bowel spasms, joint pains and toothaches. This coriander preparation can be enjoyed occasionally by people with Diabetes.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 15 times
Makes: 6 servings
- 100 g of fresh plain yoghurt
- 5 large bunch fresh coriander leaves
- 6 green chillies
- 1 tbsp goda masala
- 150g chick pea flour (besan)
- 1” piece fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp coriander-cumin powder
- ½ tbsp garam masala powder
- Any oil spray as needed
- Salt to taste
- Pick, clean and wash the coriander leaves thoroughly to remove all dirt and soil.
- Finely chop the coriander leaves.
- Grind the green chillies and ginger with a little water to make a fine smooth paste.
- Whip the yoghurt and blend well with the chick pea flour.
- There should be no lumps in the yoghurt mixture.
- In a bowl combine salt, finely minced coriander leaves, the yoghurt mixture, ginger-green chilli paste, coriander-cumin, goda masala and garam masala.
- Mix well till well blended.
- Grease a baking tray with oil spray. Pour this mixture into the tray and smoothen the top with a spatula.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 Degrees Celsius.
- Bake this mixture for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Cut into squares and serve with hot tea or coffee as a tea time snack.
Nutritive value per serving:
Energy: 95 kcal
Protein: 6.3 g
Carbohydrates: 15 g
Fats: 1 g